Friday, February 24, 2012

Feelin' a Little Droopy

For Valentine's Day Patrick gave me a beautiful bunch of long stem pink roses, and I've been enjoying them all week.  I was really surprised at how long they were lasting, but the other day when I looked at them their lovely heads had drooped over and they were spent.  I felt much the same way, as I had woken up that same day with a bad cold.  I felt so achy & droopy that I could only keep my eyelids open about half way.  I decided not to fight it, and just slumped into my favorite chair with my soft Beacon blanket pulled up tight under my chin.  My Nyquil induced slumber was rudely interrupted by the distinct sound of scissors cutting something.  I kept hearing, snip, snip, snip, snip, snip, SNIP!  Annoyed, but too tired to check it out, I drifted back to sleep.  A few minutes later, I could hearing someone tip-toeing across the floor - You've got to be kidding me! - I thought to myself - don't these people know that I've got to get some sleep??  I struggled to raise my one eyelid open to see what all the "commotion" was about, only to find that my husband had snipped and arranged all of my spent roses on to a beautiful old cake plate and was placing them on the coffee table to cheer me up!   Bonnie was close behind with a steaming cup of Campbell's chicken noodle soup.  Ahhhh, wasn't that sweet?!   I'm going to try to remember to do the same thing the next time my flowers bite the dust.  You get at least one more day to enjoy them!

2 comments:

  1. Awww...gotta love a guy like that! Hope you are feeling better soon! Colds this time of year just seem to hang on and on. xo Diana

    ps. I don't know if you are aware that you have a double word verification on before anyone can leave a comment? It keeps a lot of people from leaving one. I don't have it and I don't have any trouble with spam at all. Just wasn't sure if you knew it was on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely family, I can't wait to see you guys at Brimfield in May. Feel better Karen!
    Jackie
    bliss farm antiques

    ReplyDelete